Research Institute SHARE
SHARE (School of HeAlth REsearch) was established in the 1980s as a research institute mainly to carry out applied research in the field of Health Sciences. Over the course of time it evolved into an institution with its own lines of research and ultimately into a Graduate School (2006).
SHARE's mission is to elucidate factors related to health, notably healthy ageing. This is achieved by research on determinants and consequences of ageing, incident disease, quality of life, care and cure, as well as by training researchers in the area of health research.
Research Focus and Strategy
Research is focused on
- adding to adaptation to disease
- adding to the societal participation of patients with chronic somatic and mental disease
- studying cost-effectiveness and efficacy of pharmaceutical and psychosocial interventions
- investigate and evaluate factors which are patient-related, such as psychosocial factors, onset of affective disorders, genetic predisposition
- investigate and evaluate factors which are healthcare system related, such as rehabilitation programs, pharmacotherapeutic interventions, public and occupational health, legal and ethical values.
|Last modified:||26 November 2015 3.24 p.m.|