S. Gins, MA
Oct. 2021 — present Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), University of Groningen, NL.
- PhD Thesis: 'Homo Imperfectus. Animals, Machines, and the Quest for Humanity in Late Mediaeval France.'
- Advisors: Prof. C.K.M. von Stuckrad & Dr M. van Dijk
Sept. 2016 — Aug. 2020 Research Master in Classical, Medieval and Early Modern Studies, Cum Laude, University of Groningen, NL.
- MA Thesis: 'Homo Imperfectus. Human Exceptionalism and the Prosecution of Pigs in Late Mediaeval France.'
- Advisor: Dr B.S. Hellemans
Oct. 2013 — July 2016 Bachelor in History, Cum Laude, Ghent University, BE.
- BA Thesis: 'Dreaming with Demons. Interpretative Frameworks and Explanations for Nightmares in Early Modern Western Europe.'
- Advisor: Prof. S. Vanden Broecke
(Select) Awards & Grants
- 2021 — present Talent Programme 'PhDs in the Humanities' (with Prof. C.K.M. von Stuckrad & Dr M. van Dijk), Dutch Research Council (NWO), NL.
- 2017 Masterclass Travel Grant, Royal Netherlands Institute in Rome (KNIR), IT.
- 2015 — 2016 Erasmus+ Study Mobility Grant, European Commission, via Ghent University, BE.
- 2015 Conference Travel Grant, Ghent University, BE.
- 2012 — 2013 Quarter-Finalist BBC Public Speaking Awards, BBC Worldwide and Telenet, BE.
- 2020 — 2021 Independent Researcher.
- 2020 — 2021 Course Assistant, Theme: Cultural History (LGX258B10), Faculty of Arts, University of Groningen, NL. Coordinator: Dr B.S. Hellemans.
- 2018 Session Chair, 39th American Indian Workshop, “Arrows of Time. Narrating the Past and the Present.” University of Ghent, BE. 12 April 2018.
2017 — 2018 Research Assistant, major museum exhibition, “Paper Unfolding: Groningers and their Paper” (6000+ visitors from around the world; more than 20 museum, public, corporate, and individual lenders), part of Dr. M.K. Williams' NWO Veni Talent Programme "Paper Princes".
Curated section on the social utilities of paper at the early University of Groningen has been digitised at collectiegroningen.nl.
- 2016 — 2017 Co-organiser, 14th CMEMS Conference, “Strangers in a Strange Land. Exploring Social Inclusion and Exclusion in Premodern Times.” University of Groningen, NL. 29 June 2017.
- 2014 — 2015 Mentor to freshman BA students, Flemish Historical Society (VGK), University of Ghent, BE.
- Royal Library of the Netherlands (2019-present)
- Dutch Research School for Medieval Studies (2016-present)
- Flemish Historical Society (2013-2016)
- Creative Writing Group & Simile Student Literary Magazine (Ghent University, 2013-2015)
|Last modified:||30 September 2021 02.30 a.m.|