prof. dr. J.K.G. (Götz) Wietasch
Prof. Dr. Johann Klaus Götz Wietasch
Department of Anaesthesiology
University Medical Centre Groningen (UMCG),
University Groningen, The Netherlands
Tel: +31 (50) 361 1059
- Professor of Anesthesiologie, Innovation in Postgraduate Medical Education
- Academic Program Director, Department of Anaesthesiology, UMCG
- Vice director of Residency Program, Department of Anaesthesiology, UMCG
- Clinical Teacher at Medical School, University of Groningen (UG)
- Member Junior Scientific Masterclass Bachelor ‘Honours’ Programma, (UG)
Professional History (graduation, employment,
Born at 23 December 1967 in Berlin, Germany
1989 - 1996 Medical School at the Georg-August-University Göttingen, Germany
1993 - 1995 Research fellow (DFG grant SFB330): Development of diagnostic methods and clinical investigation on lung injury after extracorporeal circulation (leader: Prof. Dr. A. Hoeft and PD Dr. B. Schorn).
1996 Ph.D. thesis at the Georg-August-University of Göttingen, Germany (Department of Paediatric Cardiology, Prof. J. Bürsch) on “Quantification of intra cardiac left-to-right shunting with the double indicator dilution technique using system analytic algorithms” (Summa Cum Laude, PhD thesis award)
1996 - 2002 Residency in Anaesthesiology at the Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University Medical Centre Bonn, Germany (Chair: Prof. Dr. A. Hoeft).
1999 - 2001 Fellowship Cardiothoracic Anaesthesia at the Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University Medical Centre Bonn, Germany (Chair: Prof. Dr. A. Hoeft).
2001 - 2002 Fellowship Intensive Care Medicine at the Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University Medical Centre Bonn, Germany (Chair: Prof. Dr. A. Hoeft).
2002 – 2004 Attended Anaesthesiologist at the Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine at the University Medical Centre Bonn, Germany.
Research-coordinator of the clinical research group
Since 2004 Staff member at the Department of Anaesthesiology, University Medical Centre Groningen, The Netherlands
Since 2005 Clinical Teacher at the University Medical School Groningen
2006 – 2008 Vice-Director of Residency Program
2006 – 2020 Member Dedicated Team Liver Transplantation
2007 – 2020 Member of the executive board of the Department
2007 – 2020 Member of the national educational board of the Dutch Society of Anaesthesiology.
Since 2008 Academic Program Director
2008 – 2020 Director of Residency Program
2010 Associate Professor
2010 – 2015 Chairman Educational Committee Dutch Society of Anaesthesiology
2012 – 2019 Member Registration Council Medical Specialist (RGS)
2012 – 2015 Chairman RGS commission on training accreditation program
2017 Full Professor
Since 2019 Member Lifelong Learning, Education and Assessment Research Network (LEARN); Research Institute Science in Health Ageing and Healthcare (SHARE), University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Since 2020 Chairman Accreditation Committee for Nurse Anaesthetists, Sedation Practitioners, PACU Nurses, College Care Traingen, The Netherlands
Since 2020 Member Curriculum Advisory Board MSc Physician Assistant, Hanze University of applied Science, Groningen
Since 2021 Vice Director of Residency Program
- D. Thesis (summa cum laude): 2 July 1997, University of Göttingen, Germany.
- Medical doctor: 1 November 1997, University of Göttingen, Germany.
- Certificate for Good Clinical Practice, 11 February 1998, Braun-Melsungen, Germany.
- Certificate for Emergency Medicine, 28 January 1999, Düsseldorf, Germany.
- German Board Certification as Anaesthesiologist, 22 May 2002, Düsseldorf, Germany.
- Certificate for Anaesthesiology of the Dutch Society of Medical Specialists,
Utrecht, The Netherlands.
- Certificate for Program Director of Anaesthesiology Residency Program of the Dutch Society of Medical Specialists, Utrecht, The Netherlands.
- Certificate for Inspector of Residency Training Programs of the Dutch Society of Medical Specialists, The Netherlands.
- Certificate Basiscursus Regelgeving en Organisatie voor Klinisch Onderzoekers (BROK®)
- University Teaching Qualification (UTQ)
Fields of Study:
- Innovation in Postgraduate Medical Education:
Skills development, Communication, Personal development and (mental) wellbeing
- Hemodynamic Monitoring
- Pharmacokinetics and - dynamics
Educational and Research performance:
- Training in: Crew Resource Management, Working with small groups, Assessing Learning Outcomes, Human Factors Training, Teach the Teacher course (3 parts)
- Masterclasses in coaching residents, coaching clinical teacher team and leadership.
- Residents in-training: 75 (2020)
- Performed research projects: 5 multi centre trials, 5 single centre trials
- Conduction of PhD thesis projects: 6 completed, 3 ongoing
- Research output: 41 publications, 584 citations, h-index: 15
- 6 book chapters, 5 multi media series
Membership of scientific societies:
- Association for Medical Education in Europe (AMEE)
- Dutch Society of Medical Education (NVMO)
- European Society of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine (ESAIC)
- International Anaesthesia Research Society (IARS)
- Dutch Society of Anaesthesiology (NVA)
- Federation of Medical Specialist (FMS)
- German Society of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine (DGAI/BDA)
Living at Groningen, the Netherlands
Married, 1 son (2003), hobby’s: sailing, climbing, woodworking
|Last modified:||25 June 2022 02.46 a.m.|