dr. J. Even
Assistant professor (Tenure track UD) and Rosalind Franklin fellow
Chemical and physical properties of heavy and superheavy elements; Production, separation and high-precision mass-measurements of exotic nuclei; Gas-phase chemistry of single atoms; Rapid separations of Radioisotopes; Molecular beam development; Radioisotope production.
- Since February 2016: Assistant professor, University Groningen.
- January 2015 – January 2016: Postdoctoral researcher in the TITAN group at TRIUMF in Vancouver, Canada (DAAD Exchange programme).
- February 2012 – December 2014: Postdoctoral researcher in the superheavy element chemistry group at the Helmholtz Institute Mainz, Germany.
- May 2011– January 2012: Research fellow in the superheavy element chemistry group at the Helmholtz Institute Mainz, Germany.
- April 2008 – April 2011: Research assistant at the Institute of Nuclear Chemistry at the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz in the group of Prof. J.V. Kratz.
- April 2008 –December 2011: Doctoral thesis in the group of Prof. J.V. Kratz at the Institute of Nuclear Chemistry at the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz. Title of the doctoral thesis "Developments for chemistry experiments behind the gas-filled separator TASCA".
- July 2007 – February 2008: Diploma work in the group of Prof. J.V. Kratz at the Institute of Nuclear Chemistry at the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz. Title of the diploma thesis "Unterpotentialabscheidung von Ruthenium und Osmium" (in German).
- October 2002 – February 2008: Studies in chemistry at the Philipps-University Marburg, degree: Diploma.
- February – May 2013, and October 2013 – November 2013: Research stay at RIKEN in Wakoshi, Japan. Project: "Gas-phase chemistry of Sg(CO)6 – Establishing a novel compound class of superheavy elements".
- October 2009 – November 2009: Research stay in the group of Dr. Y. Nagame at JAEA, Tokai, Japan and in the group of Dr. H. Haba at RIKEN, Wakoshi, Japan.
- September 2005 – March 2006: Exchange semester and research stay in the department of chemistry at the University of Stellenbosch, South Africa in the group of Prof. H.G. Raubenheimer.
Awards and honours:
- Invited speaker at the 160th Nobel Symposium "Chemistry and Physics of Heavy and Superheavy Elements", May 29-June 3 2016, Sweden.
- ARCEBS-14 Young Scientist Award, January 13, 2014, Kolkatta, India.
- ERC Starting Grant 2018: "NEXT - Neutron-rich EXotic nuclei produced in multi-nucleon Transfer reactions"
- NWO projectruimte 2017: "Catching doubly-magic tin"
- Since February 2016: Rosalind Franklin Fellowship of the University of Groningen
- January 2015 – January 2016: Fellowship of the DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) for early stage researchers
- May 2011 – December 2011: Scholarship of the Helmholtz Institute Mainz for graduate students.
- October 2002 – September 2004: Scholarship of the "Fonds des Verbandes der chemischen Industrie" ("Jubiläumsstipendium").
|Last modified:||03 November 2019 10.37 p.m.|