OIKOS-ARCHON Symposium & Masterclass "Young voices on the Ancients"
This year ARCHON will organize a symposium during the Week van de Klassieken (Week of the Classics, 8-18 April 2021) in cooperation with the Allard Pierson Museum and the National Museum of Antiquities (RMO). The symposium is titled: "Young voices on the Ancients – students’ perspectives on the study of the past" and provides a platform for students to present their research for a broader, popular audience.
In order to get you prepared for presenting your research during this symposium, we offer two masterclasses in which you will be trained to write and present scientific findings for a popular audience. The final product will be the online presentation of your research during the online ARCHON symposium on Friday 16 April 2021, at the Week van de Klassieken.
|Thursday 1 April 3.00-5.00 p.m.||
ARCHON workshop: scientific writing for a popular audience by Jolanda Bos of BLKVLD publishers
Tuesday 13 April, 7.00-9.00 p.m.
Workshop by Peopling the Past on how to present online to a popular audience*
|Friday 16 April, 12 noon-3.30 p.m.||
ARCHON Symposium: Young voices on the Ancients. Take a look at the program.
*The workshop by Peopling the Past is part of the Week van de Klassieken and will be open to anyone who wants to participate. Anyone interested can register for the Peopling the Past workshop online.
- To acquire skills to present your research for a broader non-academic audience
- To show to a broader audience what type of research archaeology students are currently engaged in. See it as a "look behind the scenes"
We welcome MA, RMA and PhD students from OIKOS and ARCHON to participate.
- The research you are going to present does not have to be finished. It can be an ongoing research project, or even research that you just started
- The research can be connected to the 'Classics', but this is not mandatory
- The length of your presentation is 10 minutes, on top of that we reserve 10 minutes for questions
- The theme of this year's Week van de Klassieken is inclusive Classics, so you might want to respond to this theme in your presentation, but this is not mandatory
- It is mandatory to actively attend both workshops prior to the final presentation during the ARCHON Symposium at the Week van de Klassieken
OIKOS and ARCHON members can receive 1 EC for attending both masterclasses and presenting their research during the ARCHON Symposium on 16 April.
Please fill in the registration form on the ARCHON website. Registration will close on 22 March or when the maximum amount of participants (10) has been reached.