Skip to ContentSkip to Navigation
Over onsFaculteit RechtsgeleerdheidAlles over ons onderwijsInternational programmesExchange (guest) studentsPractical Information


All foreign students have to arrange for their own health insurance, third-party liability insurance and/or baggage insurance. Adequate coverage for medical costs is essential, and is a requirement for obtaining a residence permit. The University of Groningen will not accept responsibility for medical costs or costs resulting from damage or accidents caused by the guest student during his/her stay in the Netherlands.

If necessary, foreign students can obtain a very reasonable priced health insurance through the University of Groningen. This insurance provides broad coverage for health issues that may arise (with the exception of dental care) and costs approximately € 40 a month (AON Insurances).

More information about health insurance.

Third-party liability insurance and/or baggage insurance are usually offered by the bank when you open up a Dutch bank account. Unfortunately semester students cannot open a bank account in the Netherlands.

Laatst gewijzigd:04 december 2017 10:02