Corona measures Aletta Jacobs Hall
As of Wednesday 21 October 2020, everyone will be required to wear a face mask when walking around inside UG buildings or when standing in line (eg. at the University Library, the Aletta Jacobshal and at other busy locations).
Various measures have been taken to ensure that both exams and lectures can safly take place in the Aletta Jacobs Hall. The measures taken by the RIVM and the general rules of the University of Groningen also apply in the Aletta Jacobs Hall. In addition to these measures, there are a number of general rules for the Aletta Jacobs Hall, everyone is expected to adhere to the walking routes and each visitor must carry out a health check beforehand.
General rules Aletta Jacobs Hall
The measures in the Aletta Jacobs Hall are summarised into five general rules. The general rules apply to all those present in the building. Because many students are present in the Aletta Jacobs Hall at the same time, it is important that everyone adheres to the rules so that it remains safe to take exams and attend lectures.
In order to ensure that it is possible to keep a distance of 1.5 metres throughout the building, walking routes have been installed. Each lecture room and exam hall has its own walking route. For the lecture rooms, the entrance on the water side is being used. The exam halls can be reached with the entrance on the side of the bicycle shed.
Every visitor to the Aletta Jacobs Hall is required to perform a health check beforehand. If one or more of the questions from the check are answered 'yes', the visitor must stay at home and is not allowed to enter the Aletta Jacobs Hall. When answering all questions with 'no', the visitor is allowed to enter the Aletta Jacobs Hall.
Measures for Lecture Rooms and Exam Halls
Measures Lecture Rooms
All general rules apply in the lecture rooms. Also within these rooms everyone should keep 1.5 metres distance. It is only permitted to take a seat on the seats marked for this purpose. It is not allowed to use the toilet during lectures. To enter the lecture room, make sure to use the right walking route. When leaving the room, use the doors marked for the exit purpose. After leaving the room, continue using the walking routes. After a lecture, the toilets outside the Aletta Jacobs Hall can be used.
Measures Exam Halls
- All basic rules apply in the examination halls. In order to keep as much distance as possible and to create a safe situation for taking exams, the following these measures:
- The examination hall will be open 30 minutes before the start of the exam. You have 25 minutes to take a seat within the room. Make sure that you have taken your seat 5 minutes before the start of the exam.
- Please keep 1.5 meters distance when entering, within and leaving the examination hall.
- Use the rearmost free and available seat in one of the rows for your exam.
- Disinfect your tabletop, keyboard and mouse using the alcohol wipes both at the beginning and end of the exam. Use the trash bin at the entrance of the room to throw away the alcohol wipes.
- Put your student card on the table next to you.
- If you have a question during the exam, raise your hand. A supervisor will help you at 1.5 meters distance. If the supervisor comes closer, he or she may wear a face mask.
- It's not allowed to use the toilet during the exam.
- You may only exit the exam room after the first hour.
- Immediately leave the building using the walking routes.
- If you need to use the toilet when you leave, use the outdoor toilets (from about week 44).
Information per target group
For each target group, information is available for the measures in the Aletta Jacobs Hall. In this way, we ensure that lectures and exams can take place safely.
Frequently asked questions
Below you can find the answers to a number of frequently asked questions about the corona measures in the Aletta Jacobs Hall. If you have any other questions, please contact your teacher or the exam coordinator of your faculty.
|Last modified:||22 October 2020 3.54 p.m.|