New building for the Faculty of Economics & Business
The Faculty building, previously called WSN Building, has been thoroughly renovated in the last few years. In June it was officially reopened and renamed. From now on, the building will be called: the Duisenberg Building. With this new name, the Faculty honours the famous University of Groningen alumnus Wim Duisenberg (1935-2005).
Wim Duisenberg was Minister of Finance in the Den Uyl government (1973-1977), director of the DNB (De Nederlandsche Bank) (1982-1997) and the first director of the European Central Bank (1998-2003). Duisenberg is considered the driving force behind the foundation of the European monetary union and the introduction of the common European currency.
The accommodation of the Faculty of Economics & Business has been thoroughly renovated in the last few years: offices, library and lecture halls were modernized. The building now has a central plaza and a pavilion at the pond. Staff members, students and alumni of the faculties celebrated the completion of the renovation with a big 'housewarming festival' on 4 June.
The new Duisenberg Building offers:
- a plaza with student facilities and a modern library with study facilities on the ground floor and first floor
- renovated working and meeting rooms for all staff members
- secretariats directly opposite the middle elevators; a perfect location for visitors
- meeting rooms and lounges on every floor
|Last modified:||16 March 2020 3.59 p.m.|