Here you'll find recordings of our recent research webinars
- Ratna Juwita: Corruption as violation of Human Rights in practices of int. human rights institutions.
- Dr. Nicolle Zeegers: The effectiveness of prostitution policy in preventing Human Trafficking.
- TriWadWalk 2022: Playlist, 11 Titels
- Prof. dr. Michel Dückers. Prof. dr. Michel Dückers: Masterclass Groninger aardbevingen. De gezondheidsimpact van de gaswinningsproblematiek - Wat we kunnen leren van Groningen en omgekeerd.
- dr. Ugljesa Zvekić and dr. Laura Adal: The 2021 report on The Global Organized Crime Index - Taking the measure of crime - ITG Webinar
Dr. Nick Emlen:The effects of cocaine production and trafficking on the Indigenous people of Peru
In the Peruvian Andes about 1,000 kilos of cocaine are produced every day, a third of the total world production. With good intentions, the government once opened up the tropical rainforests with roads, but the result was that drug gangs took control of the areas.
The indigenous population suddenly found themselves confronted by powerful drug cartels. What does this mean for them? How do they deal with these dangerous cartels? Dr. Nick Emlen (UG) has been doing his dangerous research here for years and in this webinar he tells us about his findings. (Illicit Trade Webinar 9 June 2022)
Webinar Democracy and Governance: six experts on Sanctions on Russia
May 9, 2022. What are the main impacts that sanctions are having? What are the costs that the international community is asked to bear? And what is the effectiveness of sanctions? Participating UG experts on sanctions: prof. dr. Ramses Wessel, Dr. Viktor Szep, Prof. Dr. Dirk Bezemer, Dr. Tristan Kohl, Mr. Heleen over de Linden, Dr. Francesco Giumelli. Moderated by Dr. Willem Geelhoed.
Prof. Kees Boersma: 'Innovations in crisis and disaster studies – a resilience perspective
Together with our research theme Disaster Resilience we organized a webinar on Thursday 28 April 2022 entitled: 'Innovations in crisis and disaster studies – a resilience perspective'.
Prof. Kees Boersma informed us on (new) developments to improve crisis management and governance.
Viktor Szép: International sanctions against Russia. Lunch webinar Illicit Trade . 7 April 2022
Recent Russian actions have prompted a remarkable coordination between the European Union and the United States. The presentation hopes to contribute to the ongoing discussions on sanctions and to a better understanding of the potentials and limits of sanctions.
Prof Dirk Pieter van Donk: Supply chain resilience & the role of teams in dealing with disruption
On Thursday 31 March 2022 prof. Dirk Pieter van Donk talked about supply chain management and resilience on small and recurring disruptions.Teaser Masterclasses Groninger Aardbevingen.
Masterclasses Groninger Aardbevingen:
Introduction on our series Masterclasses Groninger Aardbevingen: Teaser Masterclasses Groninger Aardbevingen.
Dr. Melanie Bakema – De effecten van bestuurssystemen op weerbaarheid en herstelprocessen van rampen
Prof. dr. Christian Zuidema - Energietransitie in Groningen: probleem of kans?
Prof. Prof. dr. Frank Vanclay - Social impacts of extractive industries.
Prof M.A. Rien Herber - Over de oorsprong en de geologische samenstelling van het Groningen gasveld
Prof. dr. Harry Garretsen - Gaswinning en Aardbevingen: De Impact op de Groningse Huizenprijzen
Prof. mr. dr. Herman Bröring - de juridische kant van de mijnbouwschadeproblematiek
Webinar Dr. Clara Egger: The political dimensions of disasters and disaster management policies
Dr Flávio Eiró. Illicit Trade Research webinar: ‘Not so legal.’ Politics of poverty in Brazil.'
Pitches candidates PhD Grants 2021:
Selen Eren presentation during de 2021 Sustainable Society Grants ceremony
Kanella Mari Marosi presentation during the 2021 Sustainable Society Grants ceremony
Manuela Fritz presentation during de 2021 Sustainable Society Grants ceremony
Jingyu Li presentation during de 2021 Sustainable Society Grants ceremony
Anna Rosja Haveman presentation during de 2021 Sustainable Society Grants ceremony
Pitch Jean-Yves Duriaux during de 2021 Sustainable Society Grants ceremony
Pitch Tjeerd Rudmer de Vries during de 2021 Sustainable Society Grants ceremony
- An introduction to the artic Centre Winter School 2023: Our connection with a fast-changing Arctic
- Webinar Prof. dr. Michel Dückers: What we know about disaster mental health and the COVID-19 pandemic
- Webinar Dr. Steven Van Bockstael 'Illicit Trade Lunch webinar. Mercury and Informal Gold Mining in Africa.'
- Webinar Lunch Webinar Sustainable Society: A year in review: What lessons to draw from 2021?
- Webinar George Azzopardi: detection of illicit accounts. Webinar Sustainable Society 16 december 2021
- An Impression: RUG Sustainable Society Symposium 2021
- SuSo Webinar: 'Disentangling illicit trade in research data'
- SuSo Webinar: Modern slavery in global supply chains - The case of Thai seafood
- SuSo Lunch Webinar: 'The psychosocial impact of a creeping disaster: the Groningen gas extraction'
- SuSo Lunch Webinar: The potential of comparative research for building sustainable landscapes
- SuSo Lunch Webinar: 'Europe's external threats and challenges, part ll: China'
- SuSo Lunch Webinar: Participatory processes in landscape transformations
- SuSo Webinar: Global drivers and enablers of illicit economies
- SuSo Lunch Webinar: 'Natuurinclusieve landbouw - meer dan boer alleen'
- SuSo Lunch Webinar: 'Evaluaties lerend vermogen overheid'
- SuSo PhD Grant Winner 2019: Elizabeth Mudzimu
- SuSo Lunch Webinar: 'De betekenis van het Noordzeeakkoord'
|Last modified:||17 January 2023 1.35 p.m.|