If you did not take Dutch as an exam subject in secondary school but you do want to study in the Netherlands, you can take the C-test.
Certificate: sufficient to successfully follow a degree programme at a Dutch university or university of applied sciences
If you pass, you will be issued with a certificate stating that your Dutch is sufficient to successfully follow a degree programme at a Dutch university or university of applied sciences.
The test consists of 3 texts whereby every second word is missing half of its letters. If a word has an uneven number of letters, then half + 1 of the letters are missing. You have to complete the words. For example:
- De he______ van h____ aantal let______ is wegge________.
Je mo____ de woo_______ weer comp______ maken.
- De helft van het aantal letters is weggelaten.
Je moet de woorden weer compleet maken.
There are a total of 100 words to complete. Please read the C-test Instruction carefully to learn more about the test itself.
A score of 90% is required for a pass mark. This means your language proficiency is comparable to that of a student in VWO year 5.
The test costs € 42.50.
CertificateAfter the test you will receive 3 certificates.
If you would like to receive more certificates, please ask your examiner to indicate this on the application form.
- Each additional certificate will cost € 1
- If you would like to receive more certificates at a later stage, you will be charged an administration fee of € 10 and € 1 for each additional certificate
Organization of the TestThe entire test will take approximately 1 hour.
- You will first have a short conversation with a teacher to determine whether your language proficiency is comparable with that of a native speaker.
- You will then take the test, which lasts 30 minutes.
- This will be checked immediately and you will be told the result on the spot.
- You can make an individual appointment via the Secretary's Office.
- Please bring your passport or identity card with you on the day of the test so that you can identify yourself. Please report 10 minutes before the test to room 129 (Harmonie building, first floor, building 1315, at the address: Oude Kijk in ‘t Jatstraat 26, Groningen) to complete the registration and to pay the fee. You can pay in cash or by using a debit card (PIN).
|Last modified:||21 December 2018 12.37 p.m.|