The University of Groningen Language Centre offers courses in a range of languages to a variety of clients: students, staff, companies, government institutions and all others who are interested. Standard or tailor-made to your needs, for groups and individuals. The University of Groningen Language Centre offers language courses in: Arabic, Bahasa Indonesia , Chinese, Dutch, English, French, Frisian, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.
Tailor-made courses are designed to meet the participants' needs, both in content and in organizational aspects (starting date, days, times and intensity).
Intensive 5 day Language Courses
The Language Centre also offers special intensive 5 day language courses in Dutch, English, German and Spanish.
Standard Group Courses and Workshops
Please use the menu to find the languages in which we offer standard group courses.
The course period and teaching days and times for our standard group courses and workshops are determined by the Language Centre.
- A group course means approximately 16 participants learn a language together.
- A contact hour lasts 50 minutes (excluding break). Classes start on the hour.
- Group courses focus mainly on speaking and understanding the language, while some of our courses also include some reading and writing. Grammar is only used to help you learn to speak and understand the language.
- The Language Centre's courses are designed for people who have followed higher education. If you are not sure whether our courses are right for you, please visit our office hours.
- More information about our Organisation of Standard Courses.
- Please read more about enrolling for a standard language course.
In addition to our language courses, we offer workshops and training in academic , intercultural and business communication skills and effectiveness . We provide – standard and tailor-made – individual lessons and group courses such as Intercultural Effectiveness Training or a communication course about presenting in Dutch, negotiating in German, job interviews in English or attending a meeting in Spanish.
Online Independent Study: Rosetta Stone
If you want to learn a language independently at the times that suit you best, our Rosetta Stone facilities may be just what you need. Please visit our page about Online Independent Study: Rosetta Stone.
Cannot find the Language or Course of your Choice?
|Last modified:||24 September 2019 12.20 p.m.|