More information about:
- Registration Procedure
- Course rates for PhD student and postdocs using the 30% tax facility
- Don’t have an S or P number yet? Questions regarding the 30% tax facility?
- Cancellation Procedure
- Complaints Procedure
Registration procedure for Dutch courses paid for by the University of Groningen
Please register at least 2 weeks before the start of a course. Bear in mind that a course may be full earlier! Therefore, we advise registering as soon as possible.
Please read this information carefully! In order to register, please follow these steps:
1. Select a suitable course (level; day(s) and time) from the course schedule on our website and start your registration by clicking on the accompanying link.
The online registration program will then open.
2. Please log in with your student or personnel number (S or P number) and the accompanying password.
3. Please select 'Payment Guarantee' as your method of payment.
4. Under 'Name company' fill in University of Groningen, under 'Department' fill in your Faculty and under 'Department / Faculty': Board of the University. Other fields are not applicable.
5. Tick the box that states that the contact person mentioned above is authorized.
6. Please select the special rate that applies to your situation.
7. We will check with your Faculty that you are eligible for payment by the University. As soon as we have received confirmation, we will send a confirmation of enrolment to your @student.rug.nl or rug.nl -mail address.
Course rates for PhD students and postdocs who are using the 30% tax facility
PhD students and postdocs who are using the 30% tax facility will have to pay approximately half of the standard course fee and the course material themselves. The following rates apply:
|Course contact hours||Course fee for PhD students and postdocs who are using the 30% tax facility|
|24 or 26 hours||€ 175|
|50 hours||€ 335|
|Conversational course 16 hours||€ 130|
|Conversational course 24 hours||€ 170|
Don’t have your S or P number yet? Questions regarding the 30% tax facility?
- Students – if you have already registered for a degree programme via Studielink but have not yet received a student number, please contact the University Student Desk.
- PhD students - only PhD students employed by the University or the UMCG are eligible for the 30% tax facility. Please contact the HR department of your Faculty for more information.
Cancellation procedure for Dutch courses funded by the University of Groningen
N.B. If you do not cancel in time you will lose all or part of your credit of 126 contact hours for free courses:
- If you cancel more than 5 working days before the start of your course, you will not lose any credit.
- If you cancel within the final 5 working days before the course starts the number of course contact hours for the cancelled course will be deducted from your total (126 hours).
Cancellation is only possible on working days between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
The Language Centre aims to provide optimal service. Should you not be fully satisfied with any of the services provided by the Language Centre, however, please let us know. More information about the Language Centre Complaints Procedure
|Last modified:||04 December 2019 10.49 a.m.|