Dutch courses paid for by the University of Groningen
International students, PhDs' and postdocs of the University of Groningen are being offered Dutch courses at the Language Centre by the Board of the University of Groningen.
The University of Groningen partly or wholly pays for the following Dutch courses, up to a total of 126 contact hours per person:
- Dutch courses for University of Groningen students, PhDs' and postdocs up to level B1
- All Dutch Language Courses for Native Speakers of German
- Conversational courses up to A1, A2 and B1
Course costs fully paid for by the University for:
- University of Groningen Bachelor’s and Master’s students
- University of Groningen PhD students who are NOT using the 30% tax facility
- University of Groningen Postdocs employed for more than 2 years who are NOT using the 30% tax facility
Course costs partly paid for by the University for:
- University of Groningen PhD students who are using the 30% tax facility.
- University of Groningen Postdocs employed for more than 2 years who are making use of the 30% tax facility.
Course costs not paid for by the University for:
- Exchange students are not eligible for a course paid for by the University. They can however register on their own costs for a Dutch course for University of Groningen students and staff or for a standard Dutch group courses.
- Academic University of Groningen staff members other than PhD students and postdocs can not register for a Dutch course for University fo Groningen students and staff. They can however register for a standard Dutch group course. They can also apply for an intake for a tailor-made course, which is designed according to your personal wishes and precise objectives. In some cases the standard Dutch group courses or tailor-made courses are paid for by the Faculty.
Registration procedure and course schedules
You will find more information about the registration procedure in the menu. In this menu you will also find the course schedules for the different levels.
Please register at least 2 weeks before the start of a course. Bear in mind that a course may be full earlier! Therefore, we advise registering as soon as possible.
The use of the course material listed on the concerning course page is mandatory. The course material is not included in the course fee or covered by the University and must be purchased by the student.
The course material is available at the Language Centre Secretary’s Office .
Dutch Survival Kit
The Dutch Survival Kit contains phrases that can be helpful when living and working in the Netherlands. There is an overview of useful sentences and phrases in Dutch with an English translation.
Introduction to Dutch MOOC
If you didn’t manage to get a spot in one of our popular Dutch beginner’s courses 0>A1, but want to start learning Dutch as soon as possible, then take a look at our award-winning Introduction to Dutch MOOC. Learn to speak, write and understand basic Dutch with this free, three-week online introductory course.
|Last modified:||10 January 2020 10.19 a.m.|