Registration with a DUO loan
How to register and pay with a loan from the Education Executive Agency (DUO)
You can pay for Dutch courses at the University of Groningen Language Centre in preparation for the State Examination in Dutch as a Second Language (level B2) or Staatsexamen NT2 with a loan from the Education Executive Agency (DUO). You should register as follows:
- Visit en.inburgeren.nl for more information about integration.
- Request a loan from DUO. Log in to My Integration on the internet. You will need DigiD to get access to government websites. Online requests are processed much faster than paper form requests.
- When you register for your Language Centre course, present or send a photocopy or scan of the letter in which DUO approves your loan. The Language Centre needs this letter as soon as possible, because we need ample time to complete your registration. For all future courses that you register for, you must present the most recent overview of your DUO grant.
- Go to our overview of Dutch courses
- If this is your first Dutch course at the Language Centre, you must first register for an intake.
- Register online or in person for the course or the waiting list at the Language Centre office. Select the payment option ‘DUO loan for integration via the State Examination in Dutch as a Second Language (level B2) or Staatsexamen NT2 '.
- You will be sent more information about the course by e-mail one week before the course is due to begin.
Before the start of the course you will receive a digital course contract which you must sign. This contract states the conditions applying to your course schedule, in line with the criteria of Blik op Werk.
- DUO invoice – stating the costs of your course and the teaching material. The Language Centre will submit the invoice to DUO. DUO will pay for the course using your loan.
- After the course your DUO invoice will be sent to your DUO-account, you need to approve this invoice in your account. The Language Centre will inform you on this.
N.B. the Language Centre satisfies the Blik op Werk quality standard. This means that course participants who are obliged to participate in a civic integration programme can use their loan from the Education Executive Agency (DUO) to pay for their Dutch language course. The obligation to participate in a civic integration programme applies to all course participants who have not yet gained their civic integration certificate or passed the State Examination in Dutch as a Second Language.
If you have already passed the Inburgering A2 course or the State Examination for Programme I (B1) or II (B2), you no longer have this obligation and are thus not permitted to use a DUO loan for the course. If you want to use your DUO loan for the course, you should therefore not take any exams until after you have completed the course.
|Last modified:||22 June 2020 3.40 p.m.|