Data workshop Osaka-Groningen 28, 29 March
|Tot en met:||do 29-03-2018|
The University of Groningen has a long standing collaboration with the University of Osaka. One of the new themes in the strategic partnership is Big Data. To give substance to this theme a workshop will be organized on Wednesday 28 and Thursday 29 of March 2018 in Groningen.
During these two days researchers will discuss scientific challenges related to their data intensive research.
Day 1 - 28 March
- General introduction to themes
- European and Japanese developments (e.g. European Open Science Cloud)
- Parallel tracks:
- Data science - Jos Roerdink
- Nuclear physics - Johan Messchendorp
- Bioinformatics - Morris Swertz
Day 2 - 29 March
- Information on European/Japanese grants
- Continuing parallel tracks
- Presentation of results
During the workshop there is the possibility for students (master/phd) to have a poster presentation.
More information will follow on the website of the Data Federation Hub: www.rug.nl/dfh.
If you have any questions please contact Wietske Degen (firstname.lastname@example.org).