CANCELLED Summer school: Corporate Governance and the Effectiveness of Boards
|Tot en met:||vr 10-07-2020|
Understanding how corporate boards are formed and how they act has become an important topic. Corporate failures and scandals such as Enron and Parmalat in the early 2000s and, more recently Volkswagen and Toshiba, have heated up debates among investors, policy makers, media, academics and the wider public, with respect to the role of boards in these scandals. Simultaneously, boards have to deal with newer questions and norms, which wider emerging environmental, social and governance concerns. In general, boards play a key role within organizations and the economic system in general.
Upon completion of the summer school 'Corporate Governance and the Effectiveness of Boards' you will be able to:
- define and describe the basic elements of a corporate governance system;
- critically assess theories applied in the field of corporate governance;
- explain and discuss the major research approaches in the field of corporate governance;
- describe recent trends and topics in research on corporate governance;
- present, discuss and critically evaluate a paper published in a scientific journal; and
- write and present their own research proposal and/or a research paper.