Lunch seminar: French Elections 2022 Explained
|When:||Mo 11-04-2022 12:00 - 13:00|
|Where:||Marie Loke Zaal, Harmoniegebouw, Oude Kijk in Het Jatstraat 26, Groningen & online. Mail to get the link: firstname.lastname@example.org|
Join French political experts Clara Egger and Benjamin Leruth to discuss the results of the French presidential elections.
They will share their hot takes and answer your questions ahead of the second round of this election. The first round of the French presidential elections in a time of war in Ukraine and following five turbulent years marked by the coronavirus and the Gilets Jaunes protests.
• Will Emmanuel Macron convince a majority of voters?
• How will far-right candidates fare, in a race that saw newcomer Eric Zemmour challenge Marine Le Pen?
• As the French left once again failed to find common ground and support one candidate, what lessons should progressive forces learn from this election?
• Clara Egger - Assistant Professor of Globalisation Studies and Humanitarian Action at the University of Groningen
• Benjamin LeRuth - Assistant Professor (UD1) in European Politics and Society