A data leak is a situation in which the security of personal information has been violated.
Examples of (possible) data leaks are:
- You have lost a USB stick that contains personal data
- Your computer has been hacked or has been infected by malware
- Files containing personal data that have been discarded and have fallen into the wrong hands
- You receive an email from a colleague containing students’ marks that are not intended for you
- Your laptop, tablet or smartphone have been stolen or lost
You must always report cyber security incidents and data leaks (or possible data leaks). The UG has set up a special data leak contact desk for this.
|Last modified:||30 September 2022 12.31 p.m.|