Learning Languages via Social Media
New media such as iPhone, blogs and Facebook are making it easier to learn new languages on your own. Internet has countless handy apps for learning and practising languages. Apps and social media allow people to learn what they want, when and where they want; either autonomously or alongside a regular language course. However, quality comes at a price: it is not always easy to find the right medium for your particular needs. Language Centre teachers are up to speed on all the latest possibilities and can guide you through the new media jungle in one short workshop. Participants are given tips and background information to help them select the right social media tools for their individual language learning needs. The workshops are given in Dutch and English and cost € 15 per person.
Aims of the Workshop
- To become aware of your personal language learning needs
- To learn about international quality tools for language skills, such as the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) and the European Language Portfolio (ELP)
- To learn about various social media and other applications for learning languages
- To organize your personal language learning environment
The workshop programme lasts 2 hours. You can opt for the Dutch or the English version.
Part 1 (1 hour)
- Defining your personal language needs
- Introduction to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages and the European Language Portfolio as quality tools for autonomous language instruction
Part 2 (1 hour)
- Introduction to various social media for learning languages: writing blogs, Facebook communication, iPhone, Twitter, etcetera
- Defining the language skills most important to you
- Organizing your Personal Language Learning Environment or PLLE
After the Workshop
The Language Centre Testing Unit provides an advisory service. If you need follow-up advice, send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates will be pubished later.
Price and Registration
The workshop costs € 15 per person. You can register by sending an e-mail to: email@example.com
|Last modified:||15 September 2017 9.21 p.m.|