As from Friday, September 18, the way Refworks has to be used on a UMCG-computer or through Toegang.umcg.nl is going to change.
• Your UMCG-computer will get a new shortcut for "Refworks for Word" at "Start, all programs". You'll ALWAYS have to use this shortcut in order for Refworks to function within MS Word.
It won't be possible to open a Refworks reference from within MS Word or Windows Explorer anymore. Instead you'll have to open "Refworks for Word", and from the menu "file -> open", search for your file.
• Via Toegang.umcg.nl this shortcut will be made available on the Windows 7 production desktop, but also within the 'Tab' Applications.
See the picture below.
• The old Refworks-plugin in “UMC Groningen applicaties” in the virtual environment will no longer be available.
• We have to change the way Refwork works within the UMCG, because our ICT department is changing the handling of office plugins.
You can read more about this.
• For any questions concerning this matter or reference management in general, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
On International Women’s Day this spring, Rector Magnificus Cisca Wijmenga announced that the UG would be creating 15 new chair positions for female professors, known as the Aletta Jacobs Chairs. Fifteen female professors will soon start their work...
On Friday 22 January 2021, the University of Groningen (UG) will award an honorary doctorate to Feike Sijbesma. The former CEO of DSM will be presented with his honorary doctorate by Rector Magnificus Cisca Wijmenga during the special Nobel...
The lockdown in March 2020 was difficult for everyone in the Netherlands, but especially so for newcomers: they had 50% less contact than previously. As a consequence, they felt lonelier and their integration into society has almost come to a...