Information for PhDs students
Please read the instruction in the manual for PhD ceremony slots v04.
In case of problems, please contact the promotion office:
- phone 050 3635276
- mail promoveren rug.nl
Your personal data is imported in Hora Finita from the Human Resource (HR) system. So, you need to contact the HR department of your research institute and ask them to correct your information.
UMCG: If you are a PhD student from the UMCG you can change the personal data yourself within InSite https://cms.umcg.nl/ personeel/insite/. This webpage can be accessed through the intranet page of the UMCG.
To change the information about your research institute and/or your program please contact your graduate school.
- If you need to change your dissertation title page before your PhD defence please contact promoveren rug.nl.
- After the PhD defence please contact dissertations rug.nl.
Make sure that the title page is no more than one page (A4).
- Send a new document with amended propositions to horafinita rug.nl.
- Inform the supervisor and the Examination Board of these new propositions.
Once the University Library has received both the digital and printed versions of the dissertation and your dissertation has been entered in Pure / is visible on the RUG research portal, the PhD student will receive a confirmation e-mail. The e-mail contains a link to the dissertation on the RUG research portal plus information on how to obtain reimbursement of printing costs: maximum €750.
If applicable, the mail contains a link to the reimbursement request form in Hora Finita. The FSSC, the financial department of the RUG, asks for:
a scan of the invoice from the printer
proof of payment, e.g. a copy of a bank statement
Payment is generally within about 3 weeks (not counting holidays).
A number of Graduate schools offer an additional fee for printing costs. Please contact your faculty's graduate school about this.
Send an email to dissertaties rug.nl containing the necessary details and files:
a scan of the printer's invoice
proof of payment, e.g. a copy / scan of a bank statement
With this data, the library can submit the reimbursement request for you.
Please contact the PhD degree registration office (Promotiebureau): promoveren rug.nl.
Sometimes it does not work well to upload a dissertation at once through the site https://horafinita.rug.nl.
A safe way to upload the dissertation is through the UWP. And then launch Hora Finita through a web browser.
A digital copy of the thesis may be up to 500 MB in size.
At the end of the PhD programme, the PhD student receives an e-mail from the PhD office. With a link to Hora Finita, it is possible to change name details, nationality and birth name for on the bull. The PhD office will check these details using the passport.
If you can no longer log into Hora Finita because your PhD track has ended, apply for a track extension from your faculty's graduate school.
The graduate school may then decide to renew your account, or to put the data itself in Hora Finita.
Frequently asked questions
Frequently asked questions UMCG
Questions and changes for certificates of courses can be sent to the Graduate School of Medical Sciences (gsms umcg.nl).
Procedure (re)starting PhD trajectory at UMCG/FMW
- At the start of a PhD trajectory, the UMCG/FMW PhD student is entered into the HR system PeopleSoft. The PhD student is given a P number (p123456) and can start registering in the PhD registration system Hora Finita.
- In addition to the P number, the PhD student is given a business email address (abcdef...@umcg.nl). This data is sent to the PhD student's private email address.
- The PhD student must then activate the account via: https://account.rug.nl/. A verification code is sent to the email address, or to the PhD student's phone number.
- If a PhD student is at the end of the PhD process, and no longer has access to the UMCG email address, a reset of the password must first be done: https://mijn.umcg.nl/mychart/passwordreset.asp
- After account re-activation, the MFA must be set up at: https://mfa.umcg.nl.
- Codes for MFA and requests for forgotten passwords go to the PhD student's UMCG business e-mail address.
- In case of problems and questions regarding this procudere, the student can contact ICT UMCG. Telephone: (+31) 50 361 1111.
|23 January 2024 2.00 p.m.