Skip to ContentSkip to Navigation

University of Groningen Library

Support Frequently Asked Questions Studying and working


  • Do I have access to the UB during examination periods?

    During examination periods, University of Groningen students, staff and other university library card holders have access to the university library. Hanze students do not have access during this period.
  • Will I still have access to the University Library when I am no longer a student or staff member of the University of Groningen?

    As a rule, anyone has access to the University Library. You do, however, need an access card. During examination periods the University Library is only accessible to students and staff of the University of Groningen and other holders of a University Library card. For more information, see:  University Library City Centre Access and library card
  • Will I have access to literature when I am no longer a student or staff member of the University of Groningen?

    The reading rooms are at the moment not freely accessible. If you wish to request literature from the repository, you will need a library card. For more information, see Access and library card.
  • I do not have my UG card yet/I lost my card, what can I do?

    Are you new to the UG, and did not yet receive your UG card (student card)? Please contact  SIA (Student Information & Administration) a.s.a.p.

    Do you already have a card, but did you loose it or is it broken? In that case, you can request a new card yourself via MyRUGpass.

  • Didn't find an answer?

    If you can't find your question, please complete the form Your question.
View this page in: Nederlands
Follow us onfacebook twitter instagram