How to get to the UMCG?
From the ring motorway around the city of Groningen, follow the signs “UMCG”. This will automatically take you to the UMCG car park that is situated under the lobby.
With public transport
The UMCG is easy to reach by public transport. There are both local and regional buses from the central NS train station to the UMCG. The journey takes about 10 minutes. These buses stop at the bus stop near the main entrance and/or the side entrance on Oostersingel and/or the North entrance on Antonius Deusinglaan.
Up-to-date public transport information can be found on the Qbuzz and 9292OV websites.
How to get within the UMCG to the library
Visiting address CMB: 4th floor (Y4202) Poortweg 12 or Winkelstraat 1
Route from the main entrance UMCG (Hanzeplein 1)
- From the main hall walk to the right, past the flowerstall and supermarket; this is the Poortweg.
- Follow the Poortweg for about 150 metres.
- At Poortweg 12 take the stairs/elevator to the 4th floor.
- Follow signs ‘Centr. Med. Bibliotheek’.
From from the entrance ADL1 ( Antonius Deusinglaan 1 )
- From ADL1 (entrance ): take the stairs to the 2nd floor
- Turn right into the hallway , walk through the gray swing door (a few meters left, and then right) into the corridor , keep walking in the same direction towards the Bridge (de Brug)
- Walk along the Bridge until you reach the UMCG part ( carpet)
- Take the stairs to the 4th floor
- After the bridge , take the first left
- Then the first right (before the lifts)
- Continue walking until you reach the entrance of the CMB to your left ( Y.4.202)
|Last modified:||24 August 2016 1.03 p.m.|