Access and library card
Attention: the University Library and the corona virus
Due to the corona measures the UB is open to a very limited extent.
- Monday thorugh Sunday, 8.30 am - 10 pm
Study places must be reserved upfront. The UB also offers a limited number of study places for vulnerable students. If you have any questions regarding this, please contact your study advisor.
- Reserving a study place in the UB (all students)
- Reserving a study place in the UB (for students with a referral from their study advisor only)
Opening hours Selfservice (borrowing and returning books) UB City Centre
Borrowing and returning books is still possible.
- Borrowing: Monday to Sunday: 8.30 am - 10.00 pm (lending requests are processed Mon-Fri) *
- Returning: use the 24/7 Bookbox at the outside of UB City Centre (Poststraat)
Summer opening hours
- Monday 12 July until Sunday 15 August the UB will be closed in the evenings and during weekends.
The Special Collections research room is open by appointment only.
The UB Zernike is currently closed. You can request the books from Zernike University Library though.
Adapted services: what are the changes?
See our overview of frequently asked questions concerning our adapted services:
All visitors (UG internal and external) need to present their access cards at the access gates at all times when entering and exiting the building. Please note that this may cause some inconvenience.
The University Library welcomes the diverse target groups that can access the University Library.
- Former staff
- Other visitors, see: UB per user group
(e.g. non-UG visitors, companies, secondary school pupils)
Library card and subscription options
If you are not a student or staff, but do wish to use our collection, the University Library offers a choice between a library card, a day pass and several subscription options.
Students can use their University student card as a library card to borrow and access books. Your library card number is the bar code number on the back of the University student card. The student card is used:
- As a print and copy card
- As a library card
For interlibrary loans
- More information about the University card for students
UG staff have a personal University card. The University card can be used to borrow books from all UG libraries. The University card can also be used for interlibrary loans.
Alumni can purchase a UB subscription. This costs € 45 a year - one month period of notice. Or you can choose to combine your UB card with a subscription to the Public Library.
This subscription option does not include distance access to the UG’s electronic files, journals and e-books. Those are only accessible within the UG network.
|Last modified:||11 June 2021 09.14 a.m.|