Access and library card
- UB City Centre: Monday through Sunday, 8.30 am - 10 pm
(lending requests are processed Mon-Fri)
- UB Zernike: Monday through Friday, 9.00 am - 5 pm
- You may contact the Servicedesk Monday through Friday, from 8.30 am until 5 pm (050 36 35020), or e-mail us at servicedesk-bibliotheek rug.nl
- The reception desk (e.g. for questions on study places) is available from 8.30 am until 10 pm (tel. 050-3635000)
Study places must be reserved upfront. If you would like to come to our Special Collections research room, you will have to make an appointment as well.
Adapted services: what are the changes?
See our overview of frequently asked questions concerning our adapted services:
All visitors (UG internal and external) need to present their access cards at the access gates at all times when entering and exiting the building. Please note that this may cause some inconvenience.
The University Library welcomes the diverse target groups that can access the University Library.
- Former staff
- Other visitors, see: UB per user group
(e.g. non-UG visitors, companies, secondary school pupils)
Library card and subscription options
If you are not a student or staff, but do wish to use our collection, the University Library offers a choice between a library card, a day pass and several subscription options.
Students can use their University student card as a library card to borrow and access books. Your library card number is the bar code number on the back of the University student card. The student card is used:
- As a print and copy card
- As a library card
For interlibrary loans
- More information about the University card for students
UG staff have a personal University card. The University card can be used to borrow books from all UG libraries. The University card can also be used for interlibrary loans.
Alumni can purchase a UB subscription. This costs € 45 a year - one month period of notice. Or you can choose to combine your UB card with a subscription to the Public Library.
This subscription option does not include distance access to the UG’s electronic files, journals and e-books. Those are only accessible within the UG network.
|Last modified:||20 September 2021 10.21 a.m.|