Borrow from other libraries
Inter library loan (ILL) cancelled
Because transportation of books between individual libraries, within the Netherlands and internationally, is becoming increasingly difficult due to problems at the postal services, it has been decided to stop inter library loan (ILL) services immediately.
Our apologies for this inconvenience.
- It is still possible to request scans of e-journal articles ; please note that these requests will also be more difficult to fulfil
Books or journal articles that are not available in the UG collection can be ordered through as Interlibrary Loans (ILL), which is available nationally and internationally .
What do you need?
- A valid library card or the UG card for UG staff and students
How to order a document
Look up the relevant document in SmartCat. When the publication is not available in Groningen, the button ‘Request from another library’ will appear.
- RUG-student or staff: you may have to enter your S- or P-number
- Others: enter your number and password (you can reset your password yourself in SmartCat)
After notification, the ordered books can be collected from the library. In case your request cannot be processed, you will also receive a notification. Requested articles will be sent directly to your e-mail address, but can also be found in Smartcat (after logging in by using the button 'Sign in', you may choose 'My ILL Requests'). Please contact the service desk for more information (phone: 050-3635020) via e-mail servicedesk-bibliotheek rug.nl.
International ILL orders
You can place an international ILL order if you can’t find a book or article in any Dutch library.
How to apply for the document
For international orders, please use the request form; see the overview of ILL rates.
N.B. Books can, in principle, be borrowed internationally, except those classified by the supplying library as local consultation only. Longer delivery times apply when ordering internationally. We depend on the foreign library's cooperation. You will be notified when the book has arrived. Ordered articles are sent to you directly by mail or e-mail.
- Please contact the service desk for more information, tel. 050-3635020 or via e-mail: email@example.com
|Last modified:||23 March 2020 1.22 p.m.|