University Library City Centre temporarily accessible for University of Groningen students and staff only
Exam period: UG only-weeks
To cope with the ever increasing crowds in the library, four periods have been scheduled in which the University Library City Centre is only accessible for students and staff of the University of Groningen. Hanze students will have no access to the library in these periods.
The first period these measures apply, will be
- 16 October - 14 November 2021
In the above-mentioned period, you can only enter the library by presenting your University card while entering the building.
- Entering the library, always have your University card ready!
- No University card means no entry!
- When in doubt, our staff may ask for an ID.
In some cases, non-University of Groningen students or staff can get access to the library:
- Visitors wanting to consult a work from our Special Collections department (by appointment only);
- and other persons who want to visit the library with a valid reason. For instance: DNPP, Centre for Russian Studies...
If you want to be sure you won't be denied access to the library, please inform us of your visit in advance. Call our Reception desk at 050 - 363 5000 to inform our staff of your arrival.
Extra work places for UG students and staff
- The study zones in the Harmonie building are open more often and longer hours
Alternatives for Hanze students
The Hanze University has created extra 'Hanze Work Places' for this period in the city centre:
- opening hours of the Forumbibliotheek (Openbare Bibliotheek, Nieuwe Markt 1) have been extended; here, 200 extra places are available;
moreover, this library has an excellent bicycle park!
|Last modified:||12 October 2021 3.10 p.m.|