Online Seminar Health and Well-being of Older Refugees and Migrants in Europe
|When:||Tu 24-05-2022 13:00 - 15:00|
Ageing populations is a global trend and the development of research, policy and practice on the health and well-being of older people is a critical issue in every country. Furthermore, with the expansion of international migration, there has been an increased focus on the health and well-being of older refugees and migrants, which has often been neglected. Initiatives to protect and promote the health and well-being of older refugees and migrants are an integral global challenge.
This seminar will therefore invite three leading researchers in this field to learn about the current state and challenges of research, policy and practice on the health and well-being of older refugees and migrants in Europe.
- 13:00-13:10 Moderator: Prof. Brigit Toebes (University of Groningen)
- Opening remarks: Prof. Tokuko Munesue (Waseda University / University of Groningen)
- 13:10-13:40 Presentation 1：Health and wellbeing among older migrants and refugees: what do we know and where to go from here?
- Prof. Maria Kristiansen (University of Copenhagen)
- 13:40-13:45 Discussant: Prof. Gijsbert Vonk (University of Groningen)
- 14:05-14:05 Q&A
- 14:05-14:35 Presentation 2: Older migrants on ageing and care in the Netherlands
- Dr. Jolanda Lindenberg & Dr. Nina Conkova (Leyden Academy on Vitality and Aging)
- 14:35-14:40 Discussant: Prof. Gijsbert Vonk (University of Groningen)
- 14:40-15:00 Q&A
Online meeting access information