FAQ - SmartCat support
- How can I sign in to SmartCat?
- How can I find individual titles in a series?
- How can I find the right or latest edition?
- Where can I renew my borrowed items?
- Where can I view my ILL request?
- Where can I find information on how to use SmartCat?
- What can I do if a title is not borrowable or reservable?
1. How can I sign in to SmartCat?
Check out everything you need to know about SmartCat in the SmartCat LibGuide.
2. How can I find individual titles in a series?
If the parts of a series carry independent titles, you can find them by searching for the title of the entire series. Use the search key ‘se:’, then enter the search terms for the title of the series. The search results will show the individual titles. Note that the title of the entire series will not become visible in the search results. Clicking a specific title under the tab ‘description’ under the header ‘series’ will tell you to which series it belongs.
3. How can I find the right or latest edition?
If a title has more than 1 edition, this will instantly become visible in the results list through the link ‘Other Editions & Formats’ immediately next to the title.
- SmartCat initially displays only one edition, not necessarily the latest.
- Ignore any year that might show in the results list in the concise presentation. The list of editions and formats will contain all editions, including those of other years.
The sorting of Editions & Formats is as follows:
- editions owned by the UG
- editions owned by other Dutch libraries
- editions owned by libraries outside the Netherlands
4. Where can I renew my borrowed items?
Go to SmartCat .
Click ‘Library Connections’ in the top right corner of your browser screen and select ‘Borrower Information’ from the menu. Login with your user data as described on the login page.
6. Where can I find information on how to use SmartCat?
The SmartCat Libguide explains how to use SmartCat.
7. What can I do if a title is not borrowable or reservable?
If the title is displayed as owned by the University of Groningen Library, you should be able to see its availability and borrow or reserve it. If this is not the case, please contact one of the UB service desk employees, or call 050 363 5020.
Sometimes the bar code of a title has not yet been glued in or scanned. In such cases, library staff can make the title borrowable by entering it in the lending system.
|Last modified:||18 November 2020 11.08 a.m.|