MicroLab - Open Educational Resources
|When:||Th 09-12-2021 09:30 - 12:30|
|Where:||Online activities in Nestor learning environment and workshop on-site (TBA)|
This workshop will be rescheduled for mid-March 2022. The exact date will follow in due course. Those who are interested can still register. Questions: oer-library rug.nl.
Would you like to enrich your course with open educational resources? As an instrumental tool in reusing existing and creating innovative learner-centered resources, open educational resources (OER) are an interesting area to explore for UG teachers. In this MicroLab, information specialists from the UB and didactic experts from ESI will support you in (re)designing your course (in whole or in part) with OER. We will work alongside you and provide support with the hands-on work in the asynchronous assignments and the workshop.
MicroLabs are short workshops of 2 to 4 hours on a specific educational topic. In the MicroLab on OER, you will first work on some small activities in Nestor at your own pace and in your own time. It is essential that you complete this part before moving on to the on-site workshop part of the MicroLab. During the workshop, you will work on redesigning your course with OER and there is time to exchange feedback. To conclude the MicroLab, you can choose to go for a proof of competence which results in a concrete output that you can use in your own teaching context.
During this MicroLab, we will support you and provide:
- Didactic advice
- Expertise in the area of open education and copyright
- Tips for finding and evaluating high-quality open educational resources
- Help with exploring all the cool things that can be done with open materials, such as reusing materials created by others or creating your own OER
- Course redesign tools and tips
- Platform for discussions and feedback
After completing this workshop, you will be able to:
- Understand how to use OER, basics of the copyright and open license
- Search strategically for OER most relevant to your subject area
- Evaluate OER based on quality criteria
- Design appropriate teaching and learning activities using OER