Two-day conference on Law and Noncommunicable Diseases
|Tot en met:||vr 01-06-2018|
The European Scientific Network on Law and Tobacco (ESNLT) as led by the Global Health Law Groningen Research Centre of the University of Groningen, and the Leuven Institute for Healthcare Policy and the Leuven Centre for Public Law of the KU Leuven with support of the European Association of Health Law, cordially invite you to the conference:
Law and Noncommunicable Diseases: The cross-cutting role of law in NCD control and regulating risk factors
31 May – 1 June 2018 in Groningen, The Netherlands
During this two-day conference, the aim is to bring together leading scholars, young researchers and practitioners from all over the world to share insights on recent research and developments on the cross-cutting role of law in NCD prevention and regulating NCD-related risk factors. To assure a broad international and national exchange, you are cordially invited to submit your abstracts. Please look at the detailed call for abstracts including four different tracks:
- Track 1: Recent developments and tensions in NCD laws
- Track 2: Scaling up: regulation of all risk factors and lessons learned from tobacco control
- Track 3: Translational law and policy: the effectiveness of NCD interventions
- Track 4: Slippery slope and the legitimacy and possible limits of NCD laws
Important dates and information
- Abstract submission by 7 April 2018
- Abstract notification by 21 April 2018
- Registration open by 1 March 2018 (NB: Spaces are limited; registrations are accepted on a first-come first-in basis)
- Limited travel grants are available for early career researchers working on law and tobacco control. NB: Please send a short CV including publications and short motivation letter to email@example.com when you submit your abstract.
- Depending on the number of abstracts, they might organise a PhD Seminar on Wednesday 30 May 2018.