Secondary school pupils
Final-year secondary school pupils from the provinces of Groningen, Friesland and Drenthe who are busy with their final school projects are welcome to view and loan UB material.
Pupil card for €15 per year
In order to view and loan UB material, you can request a pupil card. The pupil card is valid for one year and costs € 15 per year. You can request the card at the UB Service Desk by showing a statement from your school and a valid ID.
At the Service Desk, you can also receive information about how to gain access to our digital collection via the guest computers.
At the UB City Centre, final-year secondary school pupils can:
- Loan 15 books on receipt of a pupil card
- Use the PCs, including the download and mail functions
- Search for literature within the 1.8 billion digital and physical sources via our search engine SmartCat ( How does SmartCat work? )
- Access 3 million printed books and 1 million e-books
- Browse through around 90,000 magazines (digital and printed)
- View the digital archives of Dutch and international newspapers
- Learn about information skills .
- During certain periods, the UB in the city centre is only accessible to UG students and staff. Check here for the latest updates .
- It is not possible to access the internet on your own devices.
- You can use the guest computers. The computer work spaces on the first floor are intended for UG students only.
|Last modified:||18 February 2020 09.18 a.m.|