Attention: the University Library and the corona virus
The UB City Centre and the Central Medical Library are - with adaptions - open. However, it is necessary to make a reservation before coming to the UB or the CMB. Wearing a face mask is mandatory. The UB Zernike is currently closed. You can request the books from Zernike University Library though.
Adapted services: what are the changes?
See our overview of frequently asked questions concerning our adapted services:
The University Library has the following house rules:
- Access with access card only
- Wearing a face mask is mandatory when moving through the UB, or when standing in line
- Water bottles are permitted throughout the building
- Because there is currently no possibility to use the coffee corners, you may bring your coffee/tea or cold snacks to the study room for the time being.
The building has study zones and coffee corners, with different rules of conduct for each zone. On your right are some examples of the signage that can be found on the doors in the different zones.
The whole University of Groningen is smoke-free! That means it is not allowed to smoke in any UG building - which also applies to the roof terraces of the University Library City Centre!
Moreover, there are smoke-free zones directly around the entrances of the UG buildings - note the signs on the walls and in the pavement.
Remarks or complaints?
Please report any irregularities, nuisance, waste, etc.
- in person to the Reception or Service desk ,
- by phone at (050) 363 5020,
- via e-mail: bibliotheek rug.nl
- or via Twitter: @Bibliothecaris
Take a look at our safety instruction video!
|Last modified:||04 November 2020 2.34 p.m.|