Attention: the University Library and the corona virus
Due to the corona measures the UB is open to a very limited extent. Borrowing and returning books is still possible; study rooms are closed. The UB offers a limited number of study places for vulnerable students. These study spaces must be reserved upfront. If you have any questions regarding this, please contact your study advisor.
Opening hours Selfservice (borrowing and returning books) UB City Centre:
- Borrowing: Monday to Friday: 8.30 am - 12.30 pm and 1 - 5 pm*
- Returning: use the 24/7 Bookbox at the outside of UB City Centre (Poststraat)
*The UB will be closed on the following dates: 5 May, 13 May, 24 & 25 May
The research room Special Collections is open by appointment only.
The UB Zernike is currently closed. You can request the books from Zernike University Library though.
Adapted services: what are the changes?
See our overview of frequently asked questions concerning our adapted services:
The University Library has the following house rules:
- Access with access card only
- Wearing a face mask is mandatory when moving through the UB, or when standing in line
- Water bottles are permitted throughout the building
The building has study zones and coffee corners, with different rules of conduct for each zone. On your right are some examples of the signage that can be found on the doors in the different zones.
The whole University of Groningen is smoke-free! That means it is not allowed to smoke in any UG building - which also applies to the roof terraces of the University Library City Centre!
Moreover, there are smoke-free zones directly around the entrances of the UG buildings - note the signs on the walls and in the pavement.
Remarks or complaints?
Please report any irregularities, nuisance, waste, etc.
- in person to the Reception or Service desk ,
- by phone at (050) 363 5020,
- via e-mail: bibliotheek rug.nl
- or via Twitter: @Bibliothecaris
Take a look at our safety instruction video!
|Last modified:||28 April 2021 10.36 a.m.|