When you want to apply for a bachelor programme of the Faculty of Science and Engineering, it is important that you check if you meet the entry requirements. These requirements are legally stipulated by the law on the higher education and scientific research (WHW).
When you don't meet the entry requirements the following procedure applies.
Proficiency in English is an admission requirement for all English taught degree programmes. You will need to submit proof of proficiency in English as part of the application process. You are exempted for taking an English language test if you can prove that your level of English proficiency is equivalent to Dutch pre-university level (VWO). If required, you can take an English language test at the University's Language Centre. The minimum section scores to be obtained are C2 or C1 (one B2 allowed).
- Apply for the BSc programme before May 1st through Studielink, this application is a request for registration.
- Please note! Also apply for admission by the Admissions Board Bachelorprogrammes FSE before May 1st by filling out the ' Admission request '.
- Within six weeks the Admissions Board will have assessed your application and inform you about the decision.
- If required, you will have to take additional entrance exams.
- Complete your file, before 31 August, by sending verified documents of your diploma's, transcripts and, in case of entrance exams, additional certificates by regular mail to the Admissions Board Bachelor programmes FSE, attn. Y. van der Weerd, Bernoulliborgh 9, 9747 AG Groningen.
- If you have met all the entry requirements and completed your file, the Admissions Board will send you a decree of admission.
- Complete your enrollment by following the registration procedure for a bachelor's degree.
Entry requirements (menu on the left)
- With a vwo-diploma
- Propaedeutic certificate of an applied science programme ('HBO-propedeuse')
- Colloquium Doctum (21+)
- Prepatory Year
- With non-Dutch qualifications
Deadline: 1 May 2018
The application deadline for both the programme (through Studielink) and the admissions procedure by sending your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org is May 1st.
Please note that the Admissions Board will only attend to applications that have been received before the deadline.
You do not have to have passed the entrance exams before the deadline, you can send in additional certificates and documents until August 31st, but preferably as soon after you have received them.
You can obtain VWO-certificates of the course(s) at an institution for secondary education. These certificates can also be achieved in the region of Groningen at the Alfa College or Luzac College and distance learning, for example, LOI, NTI or NHA. You can also do the ‘Staats’ exam, but note that you can sign up for ‘Staats’ exams until 31 December.
Still have questions? Please contact the secretary of the Admissions Board Bachelor programmes via 050-3637361 or email@example.com.
* Certified copy is a copy of your diploma/certificate with a stamp and a signature of an official body certifying that the copy corresponds to the original. This can be certified in the administration of the institution that issued the diploma or at the Education Support Desk in the ‘Bernoulliborg’ (Nijenborgh 9) ‘ADL’ (A. Deusinglaan 1) and at the University Student Desk in the ‘Academiegebouw’ (broerstraat 5) of the University of Groningen.
|Last modified:||09 October 2017 1.49 p.m.|