The Faculty of Spatial Sciences is a growing faculty with an open character, that has short lines between staff and students. There are four departments: Cultural Geography, Demography, Economic Geography and Planning. The research themes of the Faculty of Spatial Sciences are Wellbeing, Innovation and Spatial Transformation. Our mission is to produce research which is world-leading, distinctive, and policy-relevant to these major issues faced by contemporary society. With two bachelor and eight master programmes, the faculty offers a wide range of courses within the field to about 950 students. The faculty conducts both fundamental and applied research. The faculty in Groningen is the only independent faculty of Spatial Sciences in the Netherlands.
- Five University of Groningen professors elected as members of the KNAW
- Faculties and University Council pay working visit to Yantai
- Rubicon grant for Ellen Dingemans
- PhD Ceremony Jelmer Jeuring in Leeuwarden13:30 - 14:30 Stadhuis Leeuwarden, Hofplein 38, Leeuwarden
- Oratie prof.dr. L.G. (Ina) Horlings: Transformative Planning: enabling resourceful communities16:15 - 17:00 Aula Academiegebouw, Broerstraat 5, Groningen
- Graduate Research Day13:00 - 18:00 Zernike Campus, Duisenberg building, Nettelbosje 5, Groningen
- ERSA congres Social Progress for Resilient Regions August 29 - September 112:00 - 20:00 Academy building, University of Groningen, Broerstraat 5, Groningen, the Netherlands