The University Museum Groningen only lends objects to officially recognised cultural institutions through the following procedure:
- The loan request must be submitted at least three months before the intended loan date
- Requests will be taken into consideration after submitting a written request addressed to Dr. Arjen Dijkstra
The application must contain at least the following information:
- Exhibition period
- Title of the exhibition
- Location of the exhibition
- Name and address of the institution requesting the loan, contact within the institution, telephone number and email address
- List of the requested loan objects
Terms and conditions
I. Transport and insurance
- The borrower must insure the loans all-risk, nail to nail, in accordance with the insurance conditions stipulated by the lender.
- The borrower will arrange and pay for the transport of the loans.
- The loans must be kept in a safe place during the loan period. The loans must be exhibited in locked display cases.
- The loans may only be handled by professionals wearing gloves.
- Flat objects (prints, documents, photographs) may not be glued or pinned.
- The maximum illumination of fragile materials such as textiles and paper is 50 lux. Loans may not be exposed to sunlight.
- Loans may not be displayed in showcases containing MDF.
- The provenance of the exhibited loans and of reproductions thereof in accompanying printed materials or online must be stated as ‘University Museum Groningen’.
III. Additional terms
- The lender receives a presentation copy of the catalogue or publication accompanying the exhibition.
- Loans may not be made available to third parties for research, restoration, maintenance or to make reproductions of any kind.
- Loss or damage during the loan period must be reported immediately to the lender. The costs of repairing damage shall be charged to the borrower.
- The loans must be returned in the same condition as in which they were provided by the lender. Under no circumstances is a change in the condition of the loans permitted. No conservation treatment, such as cleaning, polishing, etc., may be carried out on the loans.
- The loans must be returned to the lender within seven days after the end of the exhibition, unless agreed otherwise.
- The loans must be safely packaged and returned.
IV. Final conditions and costs
- In situations not provided for in these loan conditions, the lender will be the deciding party.
- Costs are charged for inspection, cleaning, possible restoration and preparation for travel. The minimum handling fee per object is €225.
|Last modified:||20 December 2022 12.05 p.m.|
View this page in: Nederlands