Computer workstations in the University Library City Centre
All study places in the UB City Centre must be reserved upfront (you need your UG or Hanze student number for this). If you would like to come to our Special Collections research room, you will have to make an appointment as well.
Please note: in exam periods the UB City Centre is accessible for students and staff of the University of Groningen only, see: Exam periods: UG only weeks.
- Reserving a study place in the UB (individual studios and study places)
- Overview of all study places available across the UG
- Group studios: reservation can only be made in person at the reception desk
- Reception desk (e.g. for questions on study places): Monday through Friday 8.30 am - 5 pm: tel. 050-3635000.
Monday through Friday, from 8.30 am until 5 pm (050 36 35020), or e-mail us at servicedesk-bibliotheek rug.nl
See also the information on the UG during corona:
In the reading room on the first floor of the UL City Centre, there are 152 workstations.
- The on/off button of the computer is situated on the right hand side in the opening of the wooden box.
- On the computers, UWP (Windows 10) is installed.
- There are 8 computers on which LWP (Linux) is installed; these can be found at the far right of the room.
There are no extra electricity sockets for laptops or mobile phones on the computer desks. It is not recommended to use your own laptop on the computer workplace! This is possible in the rest of the building.
To charge a telephone, you can use the USB port on the front of the computer.
It is not allowed to remove plugs from the sockets in order to put in your own plug!
|Last modified:||10 May 2022 4.27 p.m.|