Local deals and support
In addition to the national VSNU agreements, the UG and the UMCG have negotiated a series of agreements in their own right:
- Cogitatio Press - Submitting authors affiliated with the UG and the UMCG can publish their articles open access at no extra cost in all journals by Cogitatio Press.
- PeerJ - The UG can cover the cost of APCs for publication in PeerJ's journals. Please contact openaccess rug.nl or openaccess umcg.nl for more information.
- SpringerOpen - Submitting authors affiliated with the UG and the UMCG get a 15% discount on APCs in SpringerOpen journals.
- BioMed Central - Submitting authors affiliated with the UG and the UMCG get a 15% discount on APCs in all BioMed Central journals.
- MDPI - Submitting authors affiliated with the UG and the UMCG get a 10% discount on APCs in MDPI journals.
Support for open access initiatives
Besides these arrangements, the University of Groningen Library financially supports various open access initiatives:
- ArXiv – Open access repository for Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science and Quantitative Biology.
- DOAJ – Community-curated list of open access journals that use an appropriate quality control system.
- Open Commons of Phenomenology – Not-for-profit scholarly association whose mission is to provide free access to all relevant materials related to phenomenology.
- Open Library of Humanities – Charitable organization dedicated to publishing open access scholarship with no APCs charged to the author.
- Open Book Publishers – Not-for-profit and academic-led open access publisher of academic monographs. UG/UMCG staff and students can download e-books for free and get a discount on the purchase of print-on-demand titles from the OBP catalogue.
- Punctum Books – Not-for-profit open-access book publisher in the humanities. Punctum Books does not charge Book Processing Charges (BPCs) and is funded via a library partnership subsidy model, subscriptions and individual donations.
- SCOAP3 – Partnership of over 3,000 libraries, funding agencies and research centres in 44 countries and 3 intergovernmental organizations. Working with leading publishers, SCOAP3 has converted key journals in the field of high-energy physics to open access at no cost for authors.
- SciPost – scholarly-led, not-for-profit, open access publication portal focused on Physics. SciPost is now expanding also to the fields of Mathematics, Astronomy, Biology and Chemistry. Publishing in SciPost does not involve author-facing charges. SciPost is financially backed by national granting agencies, universities, foundations and individuals.
Sidestone Press – Open access book publisher focusing mainly on archaeology, anthropology and history. The UG has access to all Sidestone Press e-books. UG/UMCG staff and students can claim a 25% discount on printed books.
Do you have questions on open access that are specific to your discipline? Contact one of the open access ambassadors at the University's faculties.
|Last modified:||25 September 2020 3.14 p.m.|