Local deals and support
In addition to the national VSNU agreements, the UG and the UMCG have negotiated a series of agreements in their own right:
- Cogitatio Press - Submitting authors affiliated with the UG and the UMCG can publish their articles open access at no extra cost in all journals by Cogitatio Press.
- PeerJ - The UG can cover the cost of APCs for publication in PeerJ's journals. Please contact openaccess rug.nl or openaccess umcg.nl for more information.
- SpringerOpen - Submitting authors affiliated with the UG and the UMCG get a 15% discount on APCs in SpringerOpen journals.
- BioMed Central - Submitting authors affiliated with the UG and the UMCG get a 15% discount on APCs in all BioMed Central journals.
- MDPI - Submitting authors affiliated with the UG and the UMCG get a 10% discount on APCs in MDPI journals.
Company of Biologists - Submitting authors affiliated with the UG and the UMCG can publish their articles open access at no extra cost.
Portland Press - Submitting authors affiliated with the UG and the UMCG can publish their articles open access at no extra cost in Portland Press journals.
Support for open access initiatives
Besides these arrangements, the University of Groningen Library financially supports various open access initiatives:
- ArXiv – Open access repository for Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science and Quantitative Biology.
- DOAJ – Community-curated list of open access journals that use an appropriate quality control system.
- Open Commons of Phenomenology – Not-for-profit scholarly association whose mission is to provide free access to all relevant materials related to phenomenology.
- Open Library of Humanities – Charitable organization dedicated to publishing open access scholarship with no APCs charged to the author.
- Open Book Publishers – Not-for-profit and academic-led open access publisher of academic monographs. UG/UMCG staff and students can download e-books for free and get a discount on the purchase of print-on-demand titles from the OBP catalogue.
- Punctum Books – Not-for-profit open-access book publisher in the humanities. Punctum Books does not charge Book Processing Charges (BPCs) and is funded via a library partnership subsidy model, subscriptions and individual donations.
- SCOAP3 – Partnership of over 3,000 libraries, funding agencies and research centres in 44 countries and 3 intergovernmental organizations. Working with leading publishers, SCOAP3 has converted key journals in the field of high-energy physics to open access at no cost for authors.
- SciPost – scholarly-led, not-for-profit, open access publication portal focused on Physics. SciPost is now expanding also to the fields of Mathematics, Astronomy, Biology and Chemistry. Publishing in SciPost does not involve author-facing charges. SciPost is financially backed by national granting agencies, universities, foundations and individuals.
Sidestone Press – Open access book publisher focusing mainly on archaeology, anthropology and history. The UG has access to all Sidestone Press e-books. UG/UMCG staff and students can claim a 25% discount on printed books.
Do you have questions on open access that are specific to your discipline? Contact one of the open access ambassadors at the University's faculties.
|Last modified:||13 July 2021 09.05 a.m.|