SELECTION MEDICINE 2017-2018
2017-2018 MEDICINE SELECTION PROCEDURE: TIMETABLE
- On 15 January 2017, by 23h59 at the latest, your application for the selection procedure for Medicine in Groningen must be submitted to Studielink. Once we have received your application via Studielink, we will send you an e-mail on 11 or 18 January with your preparatory assignment for the selection process on 18 or 19 February 2017. You should therefore make sure that your e-mail details in Studielink are correct. Remember to check your spam box too!
- After you have registered in Studielink, we will check whether you are admissible to the degree programme in Medicine or whether we need additional information to assess your admissibility. More information about the admissibility procedure can be found at https://www.rug.nl/education/international-students/application-procedure/ and https://www.rug.nl/umcg/education/medicine/selection_-admission-requirements-and-deficiencies. In a number of situations this will mean that you must have a statement of admissibility from the University of Groningen Admissions Board before 18 February 2017. N.B. This is a separate procedure!
- Saturday 18 February or Sunday 19 February 2017: the selection procedure on site in Groningen.
- We will announce the results of the selection procedure and you will receive your ranking through Studielink as soon as possible and no later than 15 April 2017.
- The results will be sent to all candidates by e-mail. The results will be in the form of a ranking list based on the final score achieved. Each candidate will receive from us their ranking for a study place and a learning community number. There are 120 places available in each learning community. If interest exceeds that number, candidates who have obtained a place in the degree programme in Medicine based on their ranking may be placed in a different learning community, preferably their second preference.
- The University of Groningen will then offer you a study place for the degree programme in Medicine through Studielink, based on your ranking. You then have ten working days to either accept or decline this offer. If you do not accept the offer, your ranking for the degree programme will immediately expire and be offered to another candidate. You will then no longer be able to claim a study place in the Groningen degree programme in Medicine. We will offer study places from April to the middle of August. More information about this procedure can be found at https://www.rug.nl/education/nederlandse-studenten/inschrijven/studies-met-een-numerus-fixus.
If you have any questions about the selection procedure, please check the Frequently Asked Questions section on our website (
) first. If this doesn't answer your question, please send an e-mail to
|Last modified:||October 10, 2016 11:41|