Main scientific interests:
- The regulation and function of sleep
- The role of sleep in neuronal plasticity and memory processes
- The neurobiological consequences of disrupted and restricted sleep
- Effects of sleep loss on stress systems and stress sensitivity
- Effects of stress on the sleep-wake rhythm, sleep architecture and sleep EEG
- Individual differences and gender differences in stress and sleep
- Psychiatric disorders: causes, mechanisms, and therapies
Selection of recent publications:
Meerlo P , Mistlberger R, Jacobs BL, Heller C, McGinty D. New neurons in the adult brain: the role of sleep and consequences of sleep loss. Sleep Medicine Reviews 13: 187-194, 2009 .
Meerlo P , Sgoifo A, Suchecki D. Restricted and disrupted sleep: effects on autonomic function, neuroendocrine stress systems and stress responsivity. Sleep Medicine Reviews 12: 197-210, 2008.
|Last modified:||November 06, 2012 01:41|