The University of Groningen (UG) hosts events in cities across the world. From Jakarta to Berlin to San Francisco, alumni meet each other in regions where many Groningen alumni reside (view map of alumni across the world). The University has tight knit groups of alumni in some areas, that organize gatherings a few times per year. Some of them have established a local board with objectives. We call them our alumni chapters.
We support international alumni chapters by offering UG representation at events. Traveling staff and board members love to interact with alumni and share UG developments. Moreover, professors and faculty members of the University provide interactive lectures and address some of the world’s most pressing challenges they are working on. The UG aims to facilitate engagement among alumni abroad by:
- Communicating with active alumni regularly
- Hosting alumni networking
- Promoting the welfare of the UG
- Providing lectures by UG professors and faculty speakers
- Facilitating mentors for students and recent graduates
- Supporting philanthropical activities of the Ubbo Emmius Fund
- Visiting workplaces of alumni
Find out what’s happening in your area by viewing the chapter list below, or find an overview of our events in the international alumni events agenda. Interested in one of the activities above, but is there currently nothing on the agenda? Get in touch with the International Alumni Office. We warmly invite alumni interested in contributing to these initiatives to contact us.