Collection Colonial Agricultural Museum Deventer
In 1910 a school for the education in tropical agriculture was established in Deventer, together with a collection on colonial agriculture.
During the colonial agricultural exhibition held in 1912 in Deventer contributions from different Dutch colonies were exhibited. With support from the Deventer council and the Ministries of Agriculture and Fishery a separate museum was established and opened its doors in 1915 to the public.
At the end of the 1960's the museum was forced to close. In 1972 the Deventer council donated the collection to the then newly established 'Volkenkundig Museum ‘Gerardus van der Leeuw’.
|Last modified:||11 September 2019 12.57 p.m.|