The Groningen Growth and Development Centre organises lectures, workshops, seminars, conferences and summer schools.
Since 2011 the Groningen Growth and Development Centre (GGDC) has organised the Maddison Lectures at the University of Groningen. The aim is to bring leading scholars from around the world to Groningen to present on major topics of economic history, growth and development. Past and current issues are on the agenda, always with a long-term perspective, following the footsteps of Angus Maddison, who laid the foundations of research in this discipline at our university. Typically, two or three events per year are organised, at least one in economic history and at least one in development economics.
- The GGDC conference scheduled for 16-18 June 2021 was cancelled.
- On 28-30 June 2017 the GGDC 25th-anniversary conference was held.
- Over the years, GGDC has (co-)organised and presented at international conferences on economic growth and development. For more information about these conferences, visit our blogs.
In 2013, GGDC organised the e-Frame workshop ‘The Wealth of Nations in a Globalised World’. During two days we were joined by professors, internationally acclaimed researchers and business people to talk about the framework for measuring progress in our field of research.
The GGDC organises summer schools on a wide range of topics. Below are the topics of the past two summer schools.
- Globalization and Inequality (summer 2016)
- Human Wellbeing and Inequality (summer 2015)
|Last modified:||07 December 2021 12.19 p.m.|