Income and Wealth conference activity
|Date:||10 September 2018|
At the latest General Conference of the International Association of Research in Income and Wealth, GGDC researchers contributed substantially to the program:
- Robert Inklaar chaired and (jointly) organised a plenary session on Measuring Capital and Wealth. His research on the European productivity slowdown was also presented.
- Marcel Timmer's research on the role of intangible capital in global value chains in accounting for rising capital income was presented.
- Daan Freeman's research on the role of natural resources for international productivity differences was presented and he presented a poster on the role of import competition in explaining the decline in the labour share in GDP.
- Stefan Pahl's research on participating in global value chains and whether this contributes to industrial upgrading was presented.
- Aobo Jiang's research on the degree to which local areas in the Netherlands specialise in particular activities was presented.