The library app
A handy app that allows you to check to what time the library is open, if there are any free computers, and to search the catalogue.
The library app is available for iOS en Android.
Two journal apps: 'BrowZine' and 'Read'
Browse through your favorite academic journals with BrowZine: full-text, always up to date, and numerous possibilities to save articles offline or share references online. BrowZine is available as an app and as a web version for your PC or laptop.
- Download the BrowZine app on your tablet or smartphone. Change your Library in Settings; and choose "University Medical Center Groningen” and login with your UMCG e-mail address (not your UMCG username!) and UMCG password. RUG-staff can select the “University of Groningen” library in BrowZine and log in with their p-number and students with their s-number.
- Go to the web version of BrowZine on your PC or laptop
Read provides a single place to discover new research, read outstanding topic reviews and search PubMed. You decide how, when and where you want to read your favorite journals. You can read it on the web and it has apps for Android, iPad and iPhone.
Create an acoount
Use your work email address when creating an account. Select as Account Settings Universitair Medisch Centrum Groningen and login with your proxy account (students can use their student number)
The AccessMedicine app
The AccessMedicine App is an offline app that is native to your mobile device. The following content is included in the App:
- Quick Medical Diagnosis and Treatment (QMDT)
- Fitzpatrick’s Color Atlas of Clinical Dermatology
- Diagnosaurus Differential Diagnosis Tool
- Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests
The UpToDate-App is a free app. To access our license you need to register in person at UptoDate (on the top right).
You can do it using this link to UpToDate, choose 'Register'. Outside the University/UMCG you must first log in using your Proxy-account, choose 'Register'.
Your username and password are required to log in to the app.
It has the disadvantage you need to log in every 90 days at least one time to UptoDate from a University/UMCG-pc or through your Proxy-account. You will receive emails from UpToDate: " Maintain your remote access to UpToDate" or "Your remote access to UpToDate has lapsed".
Instead of the app you can also use the mobile website. Simply open the browser on your mobile device and go to www.uptodate.com
The best sites to find new medical apps:
- iMedicalApps (iPhone/iPad, Android, Blackberry)
- Quixey (iPhone/iPad, Android, Blackberry, Web Apps, any where)
- Appolicious (iPhone/iPad, Android)
- AppBrain (Android)
More apps and services everyone should know
|What||Description||free / not free||iPad or Android|
|WebDAV||Access to your X: and Y : drive for RUG staff and students||free||iPad|
|Citrix Receiver for iPad||Access via your WOA ( Remote Workplace ) for UMCG staff||free||iPad or Android|
|Proxy-Bookmarklet||A Bookmark in your tablet browser that gives you access to the fulltext easy||free||iPad|
|Proxy-server||Remote access to library collections such as e -journals||free||iPad or Android|
|UMCG mail on your phone or tablet||Install your UMCG email on your phone or tablet||free||iPad or Android|
|Wireless internet||Setting up wireless network via Eduroam or RUG -Guest / Guest UMCG||free||iPad or Android|
|Papers||Your own library with for example articles from PubMed||not free||iPad|
|GoodReader||Pdf reader||not free||iPad|
|Documents To Go||For Word, Excel & PowerPoint||not free||iPad|
|Last modified:||29 November 2019 3.58 p.m.|