Launch Event Data Autonomy: Let's do it!
|When:||Th 22-06-2023 09:30 - 12:30|
|Where:||House of Connections | Grote Markt | Groningen|
From awareness to action
Join us for the exciting launch event of the Data Autonomy project on 22 June and be part of an enaging discussion on data autonomy in academia, a collaborative event between the Center for Information Technology and the Jantina Tammes School of Digital Society, Technology and AI.
In today's data-driven world, understanding how big corporations use our data is essential. The event will shed light on the importance of data autonomy and its implications for academia. Join us as we explore the challenges and opportunities associated with data autonomy, specifically within our university.
We are happy to announce that media artist Dries Depoorter will also be present during the event! With his artwork Quick Fix it is possible to get followers or likes in just a few seconds. Become instafamous!
- 09:15 - 09:30 | Walk-in
- 09:30 - 09.40 | Introduction by Prof. Ronald Stolk (CIT Director/CIO of the UG) and Prof. Ming CAO (Director Jantina Tammes School of Digital Society, Technology and AI)
- 09:40 - 10:00 | Kick-off by Dr. Oskar Gstrein, Director of the BSc Data Science and Society, and Assistant Professor at the Department of Governance and Innovation at Campus Fryslân
- 10:00 - 10:25 | Data Autonomy as a public value at European Universities by Prof. José van Dijck, (Professor of Media and Digital Society, Utrecht University)
- 10:25 - 10.50 | How to get more data autonomous at European Universities by Dr. Erik Huizer (CEO GÉANT)
- 10:50 - 12:00 | Opening workshops
- 12:00 - 12:30 | Arena
- 12:30 - 12:40 | Closing words
Don't miss this chance to shape the future of data autonomy winthin academia! Secure you spot by registering before 21 June. Availability is limited, so early registration is strongly recommended!
Watch the video A Roadmap to Data Autonomy for more information about the Data Autonomy initiative of the UG.