Sustainable cities and communities
The United Nations formulated this goal to make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable. The 7 targets for this goal concentrate on the future in times of urbanisation in the areas of housing, heritage, transport, safety, the environment and accessibility. For many of our researchers target 11.4: Strengthen efforts to protect and safeguard the world’s cultural and natural heritage is of great importance.
Here are some examples of research done in our faculty that contribute to this Sustainable Development Goal.
- Traditions in times of change
- Studying and shaping a digital world
- Een leergeschiedenis voor de gemeente Heerenveen (in Dutch)
- Poetryslam en Facebook in de Middeleeuwen (in Dutch)
- Archaeologist builds early medieval turf house
- My region: The history of the landscape for locals
|30 August 2019 12.03 p.m.