Faculty of Arts Impact Awards
What do the Faculty of Arts Impact Awards entail?
Research in Arts and Humanities focusses on people. On how they communicate, how history shapes their lives and the society they live in, how they reflect on society through various art forms... Research in the humanities also helps to obtain a clear image of societal issues and to improve current practices. To really bring about change collaboration with non-university partners is essential. Many researchers and students in our faculty engage in this kind of collaboration. The Faculty of Arts rewards these efforts with the Faculty of Arts Impact Awards.
Who can participate?
The Impact Awards are presented in two categories: students and researchers. Supervisors can formally nominate candidates for the Awards. They are:
- Students who were registered in one of the study programmes of the Faculty of Arts in the Academic year 2021-2022. Individual and team efforts can be nominated, providing that it's a small team that worked on the same project together.
- Researchers who were employed by the Faculty of Arts in the Academic year 2021-2022. Nominating a small team is also possible in this category. The project should have had an impact recently (in the Academic year mentioned above).
Examples of research in Humanities with societal relevance can be found on the webpages The Faculty of Arts and Society
What does the winner receive?
A jury of experts from research and society will assess the candidates on: societal impact, collaboration with a non-university partner and research quality. In November a selection of nominees will get the chance to pitch their project and the jury will announce the Faculty winners. An opportunity to spread the word about the project. The Faculty winners will earn 500 euros/project and a nomination for the RUG Impact Awards
How can you participate?
It is very easy to apply. An application should consist of two short forms and a few attachments:
- A filled out nomination form; for researchers or for students
- A recommendation form to be filled in by the non-university partner(s) in Dutch of English to demonstrate the achieved impact;
- A short curriculum vitae (max. 1 A4) for every candidate;
- A research publication (article, thesis, report) that formed the basis of the created impact;
- If appropriate an attachment that illustrates the impact created, for example a product/service, a report of an activity, a non-scientific article.
The file with all documents should be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
When should you apply?
You can apply until July 15, 2022.
More information needed?
For more information you can consult the regulation of the Impact Award or e-mail to: email@example.com
|Last modified:||09 June 2022 3.11 p.m.|