Writing a Thesis on an energy-related topic
Below you will find helpful information on previous bachelor, master thesis topics and additional external energy data sources:
Previous thesis topics:
- The relationship between reservoir levels and Nordic electricity spot price
- The effect of wind and solar energy on the Dutch imbalance market
- Improvement of competition in the Dutch electricity market, a second function of renewable energy sources?
- The Comparison Between Fossil Energy and Renewable Energy in Norway
- To what extent do spot and forward natural gas and coal prices explain the month-ahead forward electricity price in the PHELIX market?
- The effect of expected German renewable feed-in on the Dutch day-ahead electricity price
What is the impact of the German nuclear power phase-out on net energy imports?
- The waterbed effect: interaction of renewable energy policies with the European Union Emissions Trading System
- The green paradox of climate policy: investigating shareholder value in the oil and gas industry
- Low carbon prices in the EU Emission Trading System: Caused by the market design or external factors?
- Cost-effectiveness of Renewable Energy Support Schemes – A Panel Data Analysis on Germany
- A real options analysis of investment in carbon capture and storage
- The interaction of real options investments and asymmetric information
- The relation between electricity prices and stock prices of alternative energy companies
- What drives natural gas prices at European hubs
- Impact of natural gas storage on natural gas prices
- The effect of shale gas production on the gas price in the United States
- Impact of Renewable Energy on Economic Growth: A Comparison between Germany and the Netherlands
- The impact of the Energiewende on employment in the German energy sector
Environmental Kuznets Curve for OECD countries
Strategic Innovation Management
- Marketing / product / process / service innovation in the energy industry
- Open and closed innovation in the energy industry and their effects on performance / price / competition / innovation
- Mergers and acquisitions in the energy industry and their effects on performance / price / competition / innovation
- Strategy alliances in the energy industry and their effects on performance / price / competition / innovation
- Public policy decisions in the energy industry and their effects on performance / price / competition / innovation
- The adoption and diffusion of new technologies; new business models in energy
Small Business & Entrepreneurship
- New ventures in the energy industry: corporate ventures and/or independent ventures
- Corporate entrepreneurship in the energy industry (this may include corporate venturing, but also innovation and strategic renewal)
- Financing of entrepreneurial initiatives in the energy industry
- Policies to promote entrepreneurial initiatives in the energy industry (more from a macro perspective)
- Cooperation among large and small firms in the energy industry
External data sources:
- A lot of information on renewable energy, in particular in Germany can be found at the website of Frauenhofer Institute, see this report for instance.
- See for references to data on electricity prices, production of renewables in Germany, weather conditions, etc.: Mulder and Scholtens (2013).
- Check out the website of CBS for data on characteristics of Dutch energy production, demand, etc.
- Have a look at the website of IEA with a lot of information on energy in OECD countries.
- The same goes for the website of European Commission and the website of European regulator of energy markets (ACER) .
- For weather data, see the website of NASA: https://power.larc.nasa.gov/new
|Laatst gewijzigd:||09 maart 2018 11:02|