Language Courses and Communication Training
The University of Groningen Language Centre offers courses in a range of languages to a variety of clients: students, staff, companies, government institutions and all others who are interested. Standard or tailor-made to your needs, for groups and individuals.
Tailor-made courses are designed to meet the participants' needs, both in content and in organizational aspects (starting date, days, times and intensity).
Lessons can take place in classrooms of the University of Groningen, but we can also provide in-company courses. We can book a room in the University Hotel for participants who are not living in Groningen.
Intensive 5 day Language Courses
The Language Centre also offers special intensive 5 day language courses in Dutch, English, German and Spanish.
Standard Group Courses and Workshops
Please use the menu on the left to find the languages in which we offer standard group courses.
The course period and teaching days and times for our standard group courses and workshops are determined by the Language Centre.
- A group course means 15 participants learn a language together.
- A contact hour lasts 50 minutes (excluding break). Classes start on the hour.
- Group courses focus mainly on speaking and understanding the language, while some of our courses also include some reading and writing. Grammar is only used to help you learn to speak and understand the language.
- Our workshops focus on general communicative skills, specific Dutch language skills and preparation for tests.
- More information about our Organisation of Standard Courses.
Please read more about enrolling for a standard language course.
The Language Centre offers communication courses on request, with special attention to cultural aspects of communication. You can think of a Intercultural Effectiveness Traning or a communication course about presenting in Dutch, negotiating in German, job interviews in English or attending a meeting in Spanish.
Interested? Please take a look at our Brochure [PDF].
Online Independent Study: Rosetta Stone
If you want to learn a language independently at the times that suit you best, our Rosetta Stone facilities may be just what you need. Please visit our page about Online Independent Study: Rosetta Stone.
Cannot find the Language or Course of your Choice?
Please fill in our Contact Form and ask about the possibilities.
|Last modified:||June 10, 2015 12:34|