dr. Y. (Ya-pei) Kuo
- Kuo, Y. (Accepted/In press). Two Conceptions of Religion in Modern China: Chen Duxiu on the Eve of the Anti-Religion/Anti-Christian Movement. In S. Travagnin, & G. Scot (Eds.), Critical Concepts and Methods for the Study of Chinese Religions II: Intellectual History of Key Concepts (pp. 135-154). De Gruyter.
- Kuo, Y. (Guest ed.) (2019). A Century Later: New Readings of May Fourth in Modern Chinese History. Twentieth-Century China, 44(2), 135-258.
- Kuo, Y. (2017). Religious Pragmatism and Utilitarianism in Modern China. Paper presented at Dynamics of Religious Diversity, Utrecht , Netherlands.
- Kuo, Y. (2017). Religion, Revolution, and Sacrifice: Ambivalence towards Secularism in the Early 1920s. Paper presented at 2017 Association for Asian Studies Annual Conference, Toronto, Canada.
- Kuo, Y. (2017). The Dawn of Indigenous Consciousness: A "Chinese" Convert's Criticism of the Western Missionary. In P. Woods (Ed.), Shaping of Christianity in Greater China: Indigenous Christians in Focus (pp. 41-52).  Oxford: Regnum Books.
- Kuo, Y. (2015). Parting of Zongjiao from Christianity--A Debate of the Young China Association, 1920-21. Paper presented at Framing the Study of Religion in Modern China and Taiwan: Concepts, Methods and New Research Paths, Groningen, Netherlands.
- Kuo, Y. (2014). Temporality of Knowledge and History Writing in Early Twentieth-Century China: Liu Yizheng and A History of Chinese Culture. In A. Schneider, & V. Murthy (Eds.), The challenge of linear time: nationhood and the politics of history in East Asia (pp. 277-92). (Leiden series in comparative historiography; Vol. volume 7). Leiden: Brill.
- Kuo, Y. (2008). Redeploying Confucius: The Imperial State Dreams of the Nation, 1902-1911. In M. M-H. Yang (Ed.), Chinese Religiosities: Afflictions of Modernity and State Formation (pp. 65-84). University of California Press.